Based in Indianapolis, IN
October 20, 2023 (Steam); late 2023 (Switch)
Become a cat! In this cozy life sim RPG, you'll lead your colony into the mysterious Wildwood. Hunt prey, harvest herbs, collect magical treasures, and defend your new home from intruders. Build a thriving town to recruit new cats. Get to know the residents, fall in love, and raise a litter of kittens!
"Cattails: Wildwood Story" is the standalone sequel to "Cattails" (2017), the popular cat simulation RPG. This new title will delight both existing fans of the series and first-time players with reimagined mechanics, new features, and an assorted cast of fresh and familiar faces. In May 2022 "Cattails: Wildwood Story" was successfully funded on Kickstarter, raising over 800% of its initial funding goal. Cattails: Wildwood Story was released on Steam on October 20, 2023 and on the Nintendo Switch™ eShop on November 30, 2023.
- Hunting: Use your acute sense of smell to track nearby prey. Carefully approach, then pounce through the air to catch them unaware! With some skill, you’ll have a meal waiting for you in the grass.
- Friendship and Romance: Spending your time with others is a great way to make friends! Stick around and chat for a while, or bring an extra item you have laying around to give as a gift. All adult colony cats can be befriended, dated, and married!
- Colony Building: Choose where to start your new settlement and customize your town to your liking. Will you live in a dense pine forest, a sandy beach, a flower-filled river meadow, a mysterious swamp, or maybe even a volcano? Expand your town by attracting new residents.
- Combat: Eerie Voidling Cats are appearing in great numbers to challenge your new settlement. You will need to stand firm against the interminable flow of enemies that encroach upon your borders. Brave cats of your colony will join your side and help to stem the tide. But where are these evil spirits coming from? Perhaps you can unravel the mystery and put an end to the assault...
- Gardening: While most plants grow naturally in the wild, the best quality herbs result from careful nurturing in a controlled environment. Sow several seeds at a time to reap a large harvest later. With daily attention, your plot will stay healthy and yield high-quality herbs. Keep what you grow for adventuring later, or sell it for a tidy profit!
- Coat Studio: Cats come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Use the Coat Studio at any time to update your appearance and create a truly unique player character! Choose from a wide variety of body types, colors, and accessories. Mix and match as you please, then share your creations with others.
- Original Soundtrack: Over 2 hours of kitten-inspired music will accompany your adventures in the game. Composed by series veteran Tormod Garvin, featuring accompanists Naomi Sullivan and Alex Hill-Knight.
Launch Trailer (Steam) YouTube
Kickstarter Trailer YouTube
Release Date Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Cattails looks like Stardew Valley, except cats."
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
- "Good mews for cat fans: Cattails is getting a standalone sequel, called Cattails: Wildwood Story..."
- Kate Gray, NintendoLife
About Falcon Development
Falcon Development LLC is an independent game studio located in the Midwest making handcrafted games for the PC and Nintendo Switch™.
More information on Falcon Development, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Cattails: Wildwood Story Credits
Portrait Artist, Freelance
Key Art Illustrator, Freelance
Logo Designer, Freelance
Concept Artist, Freelance
Concept Artist, Freelance
Voice Actor, Freelance
Vulture Head Studio